A high ilium is one of the most common pelvic imbalances. It can set off a chain reaction, thus resulting in many other low back and pelvic dysfunctions. It results in shortened quadratus lumborum (QL) and spinal erector muscles on the high side. Compressive stresses (shortened tissues) on the high side can then result in a functional leg length deviation (‘long leg’ phenomenon). A standing (weight-bearing) comparison of the iliac crest is the most valuable assessment of this imbalance.
- A high ilium will often cause a lumbar side bending. If a side bending is present, it will almost always be toward the side of the high ilium. Rotation of the lumbar spine (indicated by a posterior transverse process on that side) will usually, but not always, be to the side opposite the side bending (Side-bent left, rotated right).
- A lumbar side-bending correction (Type 1) is used to correct a high ilium and/or lumbar side-bend, by stretching the short soft tissues (QL’s and spinal erectors) above the high ilium.
Don’t wait any longer to gain the skills you need to excel at your profession.
All RMTs who understand the value of what you’re offering will be benefit greatly! I have used the techniques that you teach, and they work wonders! If I were to hire any other RMT’s at the clinic, I would insist that they have certificates from your courses. That would ensure me that they are serious about their work and that they have been taught valuable massage techniques.
Tamara Leduc (Okotoks) I really enjoyed discovering MET. I think it will become incredibly valuable with practice and become the foundation for my future practice. Thanks again for a great weekend. I don’t often have the time to get away from my family for 3 days, so when I do I have high expectations of my learning experiences. You surpassed this and I am grateful!
Tina Kobi (Tees)
- Cheryl is a very approachable, knowledgeable, a highly skilled practitioner and an excellent teacher.
- Joanna Romanuk (Sherwood Park)
- It was so beneficial to learn from someone with so much experience. Thanks!
- Gail Marie Code (Whitecourt)
- Thank you so very much Cheryl. We are lucky to have you here so accessible to us. I got way more benefit from the seminar than I expected. Great value for the time and money spent.
- Debbie Corbin (Edmonton)
- I’ve been using the course material successfully on my clients… and they are happy with the results. Thanks again for your serious/humorous instruction style. I know I will be taking further classes with you.
- Judith Dornan (Okotoks)
- Very useful techniques with extremely practical treatments that can be incorporated straight into my practice.
- Mariette Janisse (Calgary)
- The course was well organized with lots of hands on learning opportunity. The time flew by and never felt rushed or that the information was too fast to grasp.