This 2 day, hands-on workshop, will guide you through a series of therapeutic techniques that can be immediately incorporated into your existing treatment protocol. The shoulder can be a very challenging joint to treat because it is designed to have maximum movement potential, and relatively little stability. Particular attention will be given to a movement analysis that determines the areas of primary restriction, and a treatment protocol that is designed to restore mobility and decrease pain.
Professional Development Credits: MTAA 16 Primary; NHPC 10; RMTA 12.
In this workshop the therapist will learn:
An integrative treatment approach that employs a variety of therapeutic protocols designed to successfully address common soft tissue restrictions in the shoulder/rotator cuff complex.
- Common pathologies associated with shoulder pain patterns.
- Contraindications to treatment of the shoulder complex.
- Scapular imbalances and mobilization.
- Passive and active range of motion assessment.
Therapeutic treatment techniques for:
- Rotator cuff complex.
- Pectoralis major and minor
- Bicep tendon
- Latissimus dorsi and teres major.
- Rehabilitative stretching/strengthening program.
Attend this Perfect Balance Workshops if you want to:
- Become more proficient at effectively treating shoulder complex pain and dysfunction.
- Enhance your existing treatment protocols with therapeutic techniques that can be immediately incorporated into your practice.
- Receive 1-on-1 instruction in a small class setting from an experienced therapist and teacher.
- Develop your therapeutic skills, and create greater client satisfaction, retention and referrals.
- Increase your earning potential as a Massage Therapy Professional.
What will I need?
- Clean footwear. Outside shoes must be left at the door.
- Treatment table, pillow, sheets and towel.
- Extra face covers for the face cradle.
- Adjustable height stool if you have one.
- Small bottle of lubricant.
- Dress comfortably in stretchy active wear. Bring shorts if you want. Also, dress in layers so you are prepared for varying room temperatures.
- Short fingernails.
- Your happy shiny face, and your desire to learn and grow.
For seminar dates & locations please go to Register/Schedule
Regular Seminar Pricing: $497.00
Don’t wait any longer to gain the skills you need to excel at your profession.
Kathryn Enns (Nanton) I am looking forward to more of your seminars. I had a great time and have used the shoulder/rotator cuff work on some of my clients with shoulder injuries and chronic use issues. GREAT feedback!! I have a client that had been suffering for several years and for the past 8 months unable to sleep without waking to take pain medications. 3 sessions and is now nearly pain free and no longer taking pain meds. I am grateful that you do what you do, and I can learn from you.
Rhonda Beattie (Calgary) I had a great time in your course and learned new things and was reminded about some things I had forgotten, thank you for that! My clients thought I worked wonders on their shoulders before, but now think I am a miracle worker. I have been treating subscap all this week and doing PNF stretches on the pecs. My clients are noticing a big difference from when they walked in to when they walked out, and are quick to schedule their next appointment.
Theressa McKay (Lacombe)
All RMTs who understand the value of what you’re offering will be benefit greatly! I have used the techniques that you teach, and they work wonders! If I were to hire any other RMT’s at the clinic, I would insist that they have certificates from your courses. That would ensure me that they are serious about their work and that they have been taught valuable massage techniques.
Mandie McLeary (Cochrane)
Thank you so much for an action packed weekend! I feel like I’m looking through new eyes and I feel so much more confident in my profession. I can’t wait to attend the next seminar.